- The Pearl River School District Board of Education meets 7:30 p.m. in the district administration building on Crooked Hill Road. It is the final meeting of 2013.
- Dr. Bruce Pinker, Project Joy and People to People will gather for their 6th annual Shoe Drive Celebration from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. in 2 Blue Hill Plaza.
- The forecast calls for a 90 percent chance of snow, with one to three inches falling during the day. The projected high temperature is 33 degrees.
- Fire and police personnel will be recognized for their efforts in containing the wildfire on Clausland Mountain during the Rockland County Legislature's Public Safety Committee meeting 5:15 p.m. in the legislature chambers at 11 New Hempstead Road in New City. Legislator Nancy Low-Hogan has asked Rockland County Director of Fire and Emergency Services Gordon Wren and Sheriff Lou Falco to speak to the committee about county preparations for battling such large fires.
- Results of the Orangetown Supervisor election are still pending rulings by Judge Victor J. Alfieri, Jr. According to the Rockland County Board of Elections, Alfieri had not ruled on the final petitions by the end of the day Monday. Incumbent Democrat Andy Stewart currently has an unofficial total of 6,161 votes to 6,158 for Republican challenger Walter Wettje with 12 absentee ballots uncounted and other challenges still awaiting a ruling.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something