- The Orangetown Council will vote on a meeting schedule for 2014 as part of its regular meeting 7:30 p.m. Tuesday in Orangetown Town Hall. The management contract with AppliedGolf to run Broadacres Golf Club is also on the agenda, which is available on the town website here.
- Four Rockland County legislative committees will meet tonight. Public Safety is scheduled to meet at 5:15 p.m.; Multi Services at 6 p.m.; Planning & Public Works at 7 p.m. and Budget & Finance at 7:15 p.m. All committee sessions are held at 11 New Hempstead Road and are open to the public.
- Tuesday's forecast calls for a slight chance of snow mixed in with rain in the morning, then rain through the day and a high temperature around 43 degrees.
- The United Way of Rockland emergency coat drive began Monday and will continue through Jan. 24 at four locations including Blue Hill Plaza in Pearl River. Read more here.
- Find out about the potential benefits of musical therapy in Jeffrey Friedberg's blog here. He will be making a presentation 7 p.m. Jan. 29 at Nyack Library.