Each day, Patch provides the nuts and bolts of local happenings with our five-bullet local dispatch.
1) The funeral for Lindsey Stewart of Piermont is scheduled for 10:30 a.m. Thursday at Good Shepherd Lutheran Church in Pearl River. Stewart was one of two people killed in a boating accident July 26. She and Mark Lennon of Pearl River, who also died, were thrown from the speedboat they were riding in when it collided with a construction barge near the Tappan Zee Bridge.
Visitation for Lennon will be held Thursday from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. and 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. at Wyman-Fisher Funeral Home in Pearl River. His funeral is set for 11 a.m. Friday at St. John the Baptist Church in Piermont.
2) The 21st Annual Coach Julius "Dag" D'Agostino Memorial Scholarship Golf Tournament is scheduled to tee off at noon Thursday at Blue Hill Golf Course in Pearl River, with a dinner to follow at the Pearl River Elks Club. The event raises money for scholarships given to students involved in Pearl River athletics in the name of the former Pearl River High School coach and teacher.
3) The National Weather Service is predicting scattered showers and thunderstorms for Wednesday in Pearl River with a high temperature near 78 degrees. The chance of precipitation during the day is 90 percent and the rains could be heavy at times.
4) Yesterday's most-read story is Grieving Families: ‘None of Them Saw the Barge’; Parents Ask for Public’s Help. Read more here.
5) Looking to expand your pet family? Check out these two handsome felines up for adoption at the Hi-Tor Shelter.