Each day, Patch provides the nuts and bolts of local happenings with our five-part local dispatch.
1) Stephen Hartnett, Regional Manager for the New York State Department of Taxation and Finance, will speak as part of a presentation regarding School TAx Relief (STAR) exemptions at the beginning of the Orangetown Town Council meeting set for 7:30 p.m. Tuesday at Orangetown Town Hall. Read the full agenda for Tuesday's meeting on the town website here.
2) The Rockland Business Association is holding a regional business expo from noon to 5 p.m. Tuesday in the Marriott Park Ridge Hotel at 300 Brae Blvd. in Park Ridge, NJ. The event offers opportunities for networking, door prizes, demonstrations and new vendors. There will be sections dedicated to new technology, green industries and the hospitality industry. Read more here.
3) It'll be mostly sunny today with a projected high temperature of 69 degrees, turning colder tonight.
4) The Pearl River School District Board of Education will meet 7:30 p.m. Tuesday in the district administration building on Crooked Hill Road.
5) National organization Friends of Karen has begun blogging on Patch. Check out the blog here.