- The National Weather Service's Winter Storm warning remains in effect until 6 a.m., with dropping temperatures following more snow overnight. Wednesday morning. Wednesday's forecast calls for the clouds to clear gradually, but with a high temperature of approximately 15 degrees and wind chills as low as negative 12.
- United Way of Rockland County's Emergency Coat Drive continues through Friday at four drop-off locations, including Blue Hill Plaza in Pearl River. Read more in this report on Patch.
- Pearl River Schools will open on a two-hour delay Wednesday after being closed Tuesday.
- The Pearl River School District Board of Education meeting, which was postponed due to Tuesday's snow, was moved to 7:30 p.m. Thursday. The Orangetown Council meeting was also moved from Tuesday to Thursday, with a Police Commission at 7 p.m. followed by a workshop at 8 p.m. The Rockland County Legislature rescheduled Tuesday's meeting for 7 p.m. Wednesday, with a public hearing set to begin at 7:05 p.m. Check this report on Patch for more details on schedule changes caused by Tuesday's snow.
- There will be a Conversation on the Common Core in the South Orangetown Central School District at 7 p.m. in the South Orangetown Middle School library. SOCSD Superintendent Dr. Ken Mitchell and Assistant Superintendent Brian Culot will discuss what the Common Core is, the reasons for its implementation, concerns and questions about it and how the district is handling it.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something