- The National Weather Service is advising motorists to drive with care Tuesday morning due to patches of black ice caused by falling temperatures overnight. A Wind Chill Advisory will remain in effect until 6 p.m. Tuesday. The high temperature is only expected to reach 10 degrees Tuesday, with a low of around four degrees and wind chills as low as minus-11 degrees. The Rockland Health Department sent out a warning regarding the risk of hypothermia and frostbite. United Water offered tips to protect your pipes from freezing.
- Orangetown's annual reorganization meeting begins 7:30 p.m. Tuesday at Orangetown Town Hall in Orangeburg. The session features the swearing in of seven town officials re-elected in November -- Supervisor Andy Stewart, Councilman Denis Troy, Councilman Tom Diviny, Town Clerk Charlotte Madigan, Highway Superintendent James Dean and Judge Richard Finning. The full meeting agenda is available here.
- The Pearl River School District will hold its first board of education meeting 7:30 p.m. in the district administration building on Crooked Hill Road in Pearl River. Find the meeting agenda on the district website here.
- New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo spoke Monday about his plans for property tax relief, which would include governments to consolidate and share services in a public statement Monday. He will deliver his State of the State Address Wednesday. Read more here. Other stories you may have missed on a busy news day Monday, the Orangetown Highway Department began Christmas Tree pick-up Monday and Rockland County Executive Ed Day named Scott Salotto his Director of Communications.
- The Rockland Community Foundation announced in this blog entry that 25 percent of all proceeds from sales at the Piermont Fine Arts Gallery from Jan. 10 through Jan. 12 would be donated to the foundation.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something