Each week, we'll give you the info on the best family activities or events for the week.
You're time-pressed enough, so we're happy to do the research and find the best things to do and places to go, both locally and within reasonable striking distance.
Look for the kids' planner every Wednesday, and help us build it with your own suggestions and tips‚ just add them to the comment box. We want to hear from you.
St. Aedan's vs. St. Margaret's CYO Coaches Challenge Basketball Game
- When/Where: 5 p.m. Saturday at Pearl River High School
- Why Go: Fans pack Pearl River High School’s gym for this annual battle of CYO coaches from St. Margaret’s and St. Aedan’s. The fundraiser also features acknowledgements of volunteers, scholarship awards and raffled for local basketball camps.
- Cost/Contact: $2 for adults, $1 for children
Youth for Hospice Glaze Night
- When/Where: Saturday, March 9 from 6:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. at Glaze Pottery and Art Studio in Orangetown Shopping Center in Orangeburg.
- Why Go: Paint a piece of property and have some pizza at this fundraising event organized by the United Hospice of Rockland’s (UHR) Tappan Zee Chapter of Youth for Hospice (YFH).
- Cost/Contact: Cost is $25, $10 of which will be donated to UHR. To RSVP. email email@example.com or call Glaze 845 359-9020. For more information contact UHR Assistant Director of Development Lisa Denburg at 845 634-4974 or firstname.lastname@example.org or look online at www.hospiceofrockland.org.
- When/Where: Nanuet Public Library Sunday, March 10 from 2:30 - 4:30 p.m.
- Why Go: Join us for the opening reception of this month’s art display by the students of the Art & Design Studio of Rockland
- Cost/Contact: Free
- When/Where: Barnes and Noble in Nanuet on Wednesday, Mar. 13 at 11 a.m.
- Why Go: Join Ms. Mariann for a fun-filled hour of Storytime in the Children's Department. Storytime runs every Wednesday during the summer.
- Cost/Contact: Free—Barnes and Noble
- When/Where: Saturday, Oct. 13 from 1-3 p.m. at A.C. Moore
- Why Go: Stop by A.C. Moore in Nanuet this Saturday with your child to learn how to create Darice Embossing Folders
- Cost/Contact: A.C. Moore
SAT Practice Test
- When/Where: Saturday, March 9 at 10:30 a.m. at Valley Cottage Library
- Why Go: Taking the SAT can be nerve-racking. Take this practice test facilitated by the Kaplan Test Prep staff. At a future date, a Kaplan representative will contact you to schedule an appointment to review your test results and give tips on a one-to-one basis with a tutor by phone.
- Cost/Contact: Free; Registration required.
R&R Music School Concert
- Where/When: Saturday, March 9 at noon at The Nyack Center
- Why Go: Join R&R Music Schools students of all ages for a rockin' concert showcasing their talents. Rock and jazz classics will be performed along with original compositions by the students.
- Cost/Contact: This event is free and opened to the public. Light refreshments will be served.