The Orangetown Relay for Life is set for June 14 and 15 on the Central Ave. Field in Pearl River, but the American Cancer Society is looking to do some decorating a month early.
They are calling for participants to paint the town purple Friday to honor cancer survivors, help raise awareness and raise money to fight cancer.
The American Cancer Society offered suggestions to join in Friday or in the days ahead.
- Decorate your business with purple ribbons, lights or balloons.
- Hang a Relay for Life Poster in the window.
- Give the window a splash of purple, the color for cancer survivors and the relay's color.
- Hold a fundraiser that promotes your busines and the Relay for Life.
- Put out a purple donation bucket.
- Sell Relay for Life "feet" at your register for a donation. The American Cancer Society provides these.
- Have a day where employees can dress down at work for a donation.
To get more information about the Orangetown Relay for Life or for posters, buckets, coin cups, dress-down stickers and feet, go to the website at www.relayforlife.org/orangetownny or contact Jen at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 845-440-2521.
For more information about the American Cancer Society, go to www.cancer.org.