Think you know Pearl River? Here is your opportunity to prove it. Predict the Pearl River Place is back.
In this column, we'll post a picture of a location in Pearl River or right nearby with connections to the community.
The first reader to successfully guess the landmark wins—just post your prediction in the comments section. Being the first to correctly answer will win you a celebratory Facebook post.
Think you can come up with a better picture? Do a better job of stumping our readers? Submit your pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll see how you do.
UPDATED: Younggrasshopper was the first to identify this week's location as Louie's on the Avenue, and it was a very quick identificaton. Congratulations to him or her.
Predict the Place Winners
- (Pearl River Public Library): Phyllis Scully
- (Gazebo in Central Avenue Field) KAS
- (Blue HIll Plaza) Jim L.
- (Anderson Field Complex) Joan Bourke
- (Post Office) Sharona
- (Pearl River High School) Coleen Crowe
- (Braunsdorf Park) Chris M
- (St. Margaret School) Kelley S.
- (United Methodist Church) Joan B
- (Pearl River Middle School) Joan B
- (Franklin Avenue Elementary Playground) Maureen
- (Orangetown Town Hall) Ellen Hughes
- (Blue Hill Plaza Interior) Nobody got this one
- (Pearl River Train Station) Jean Schule
- (Pearl River Hook & Ladder) Kathleen
- (Rockland Conservatory of Music) Ashley
- (ShopRite) Jimmy
- (Hadeler Hardware) Joan B
- (O'Connell & Riley law firm) Joan B
- (Iona College Classroom) Jeannette
- (American Legion Post 329) Kathleen Slayne
- (Gaelic Athletic Association Fields) Joan B
- (Pearl River Public Library) Jean O'Malley
- (Pearl River Elks Club) Joan B
- (King Kone) Walt
- (Good Shepherd Lutheran Church) Mike
- (Nauraushaun Building, A Starting Place) Kathleen
- (Lincoln Avenue Elementary School) Jennifer D and Patti Peneno
- (Louie's on the Avenue) YoungGrasshopper