The symposium draws experts who provide information related to various aspects of life for people on the spectrum of autism. Rockland County Legislator John A. Murphy, the Autism Science Foundation, Camp Venture and Mindworks sponsor the event.
The schedule for this year's symposium is as follows:
- 8 a.m. to 8:30 a.m. -- Registration and complimentary continental breakfast
- 8:30 a.m. to 8:45 a.m. -- Legislator John Murphy, also president of Camp Venture, offers his welcome
- 8:45 a.m. to 9:45 a.m. -- IAC/NY Executive Director Peter Pierri presents "Changes in Our Culture of Caring for Our Developmentally Disabled"
- 9:45 a.m. to 10:45 a.m. -- Gina Zecchin-Tiri, certified behavior analyst and curriculum coordinator for Prime Time Upper School presents "Who is Postiive Behavioral Intervention & Support for? Using What We Know to Change Systems for Students and Staff"
- 10:45 a.m. to 11 a.m. - Coffee break
- 11: a.m. -- Dr James Cook, Ph.D and Dr. Jill Harper, Ph.D - Melmark,New England present
A Review of Treatments for OCD and Repetitive Behavior in Children with Autism"
- 12 p.m. to 12:45 p.m. -- Complimentary Lunch Buffet
- 12:45 p.m. to 1:15 p.m -- Dr. Russel Tobe, Nathan Kline Institute presents "Considerations in Medication Treatment for Individuals With Autism Spectrum Disorders"
- 1:15 p.m. to 2:15 p.m -- Dr. Joshua John Diel, Ph.D, University of Notre Dame presents "Using Technology to Improve Communication in ASD: What Humans Can Learn From Robots: