Pearl River Schools made the decision early Tuesday morning to close for the day. That also meant the postponement of all athletic events. Find out more about that here.
Later in the day, the district announced that its schools would be opening on a two-hour delay Wednesday morning.
The Pearl River School District Board of Education meeting set for Tuesday night was rescheduled for 7:30 p.m. Thursday.
TappanZEExpress and Transport of Rockland bus service will be suspended at 8 p.m. Tuesday.
In addition to the snow, there will be wind gusts up to 30 miles per hour and the wind chill could be as low as 10 degrees below zero Tuesday night.
Check back with Patch for more winter storm updates during the day.
Pearl River Patch's coverage of the winter storm Tuesday included:
- Pearl River Schools Announce 2-Hour Delay for Wednesday
- Wind Chills Raise Risk of Hypothermia, Frostbite
- Gov. Cuomo Declares State of Emergency for NY Metro Area
- Prevent Frozen Water Pipes, Clear Snow From Hydrants
- O&R Declares Storm Watch
- Pearl River Sports: Winter Weather Disrupts Schedules Again
- Pearl River Public Schools are closed and all afternoon activities are cancelled
- The Pearl River School District Board of Education scheduled for Tuesday night was postponed and rescheduled for 7:30 p.m. Thursday.
- The Orangetown Council workshop scheduled has been postponed and rescheduled for Thursday at 8 p.m. with a Police Commission at 7 p.m.
- The Rockland County Legislature rescheduled tonight's meeting for Wednesday, Jan. 22 at 7 p.m. The Public Hearing scheduled for this evening will take place on Wednesday, Jan. 22 at 7:05 pm.
- Pearl River Public Library closed at noon
- St. Thomas Aquinas College is closing at 1 p.m. Will open 11 a.m. Wednesday, Jan. 22.
- Dominican College closed at 11 a.m. Tuesday. A decision regarding Wednesday will be made in the morning.
- The Orangetown Jewish Center Religious School is closed.
- West Nyack Free Library is closed.
- Rockland Conservatory of Music is closed for lessons and rehearsals.
- Rockland Community College closed at noon
- Temple Beth Am BAT Religious School and Hebrew High School closed.
- St. Aedan's Catholic Parish cancelled all classes.
- Good Shepherd Creative Play is closed
- St. Margaret School is closed
- Tall Pines Nursery School is closed
- Nauraushaun Nursery School is closed