Today is the final day to register for the civil service examination required to become a police officer in Rockland County.
The exams, which are available only once every four years will be taken Nov. 17, but today is the deadline to register. Applications and more information regarding those tests and other civil service examinations can be found here and on the county's police exam/tutorial page.
Registrations must be turned in to the County of Rockland Department of Personnel Office of Employee Rights and Relations on the fourth floor at 18 New Hempstead Road in New City.
To learn more about changes from previous exams and why they are given every four years, read this Patch article.
The public service exam testing sites, with directions, are:
- Willow Grove Middle School at 153 Storrs Road in Thiells
- Fieldstone Secondary School at 100 Fieldstone Drive in Thiells
- North Rockland High School at 106 Hammond Road
- Rockland County Fire Training Center at 35 Firemen's Memorial Drive in Pomona
- Rockland County Dept. of Personnel at 18 New Hempstead Road in New City
- Rockland Community College at 145 College Rd in Suffern