Nanuet Fire Dept Quickly Extinguishes Dryer Fire

A small section of both lanes of N. Middletown Road was closed briefly


A small section of N. Middletown Road was closed briefly on Tuesday night. Just south of Germonds Road near Rinne Road, a dryer fire at a home on N. Middletown Road closed both lanes for less than an hour. 

Nanuet Fire Department worked fast to contain the fire. 

"We were able to shut the gas off," said Chief AJ Knapp. "We were able to knock it down really quick so the fire didn't spread. The dryer unit, we were able to rip it out of the room they had it in."

There were no injuries and the fire was reported at 8:21 p.m. Pearl River FD assisted.


More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »