.

Orangetown Hall Evacuated as Precaution Due to Carbon Monoxide

UPDATED: Evacuation was due to Carbon Monoxide, not a gas leak as initially reported.

According to Orange & Rockland Utilities, Orangetown Town Hall was evacuated Tuesday afternoon due to carbon monoxide condition caused by the building's boiler. 

The cause was initially reported as a gas leak. 

Orangetown Supervisor Andy Stewart said that the evacuation was only a precaution, one which left town employees standing in the parking lot at 3 p.m. waiting for the all clear to go back inside. At that time, no injuries related to the leak had been reported. 

The Orangetown Town Hall, located at 26 Orangeburg Road in Orangeburg, also houses the Orangetown Police Department.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »