Orangetown Police released a list of streets that will be closed and where parking will be restricted before and during the Rockland County St. Patrick's Day Parade in Pearl River Sunday.
Lt. Anthony Mercurio explained that the times they close the roads depend on weather and the size of the crowd. In the case of larger crowds, the streets are closed earlier. If the weather is cold or rainy, which can keep the attendance low, they close them later.
The current National Weather Service forecast for Sunday in Pearl River is partly sunny with a high of 44 degrees.
Mercurio said they started closing them at 11:45 a.m. one year and all will be blocked off by 12:30 p.m. The roads closed include the parade route itself along Middletown Road and Central Ave. and many side streets.
The Williams Street muniicpal parking lot and the First Niagara Bank Lot will both be designated for hanicapped parking Sunday.
The no parking restrictions are as follows:
- Railroad Place from Braunsdorf Park to S. Main Street.
- Railroad Ave. From West Washington Ave. to Pearl River Post Office, both sides
- Railroad Ave. from Washington Ave. nort to t he end of the guard rails on both sides.
- Main Street from Jevverson Ave. to Washington Ave., both sides
- Franklin Ave. from Main St. to John St., both sides (Command Area/Bus parking)
- John Street at Grove Street, 100 feet in each direction
- E. Central Ave. from Route 304 to N. Middletown Road, both sides
- E. Central Ave. from N. Middletown Road to the south entrance to Shop-Rite.
- S. Henry Street from E. Central Ave. to Franklin Ave., both sides
- Vacant Lot south of gas station at the corner of N. Middletown Road and E. Central Ave.
- N. Middletown Road from Central Ave. to Veterans Parkway, both sides
- Blauvelt Road from N. Middletown Road to Colonial Court, both sides
- Pearce Parkway from N. Middletown Road to Marion Place, both sides
- Manor Blvd. from N. Middletown Road to White Ave.
- Veterans Parkway from N. Middletown Road to Pilgrim Court, both sides
- Crooked Hill Road from N. Middletown Road to Hobart Street, both sides
- Dove St. from Hobart St. to Crooked Hill Road, both sides.
Designated Handicapped Parking Lots
- Municipal Parking lot at Williams Street and Washington Ave.
- First Niagara Bank (Formerly HSBC) Lot at 93 N. Middletown Road.