The National Weather Service is reporting blizzard-like conditions
If you have any snow-related photos, add them to the article. If we missed any cancellations, add them in the comments section below.
- Nyack public schools have early dismissal today because of impending snow; no out-of-district busing today.
- Nanuet elementary schools closed today; High school will dismiss at 9 AM, Middle School will dismiss at 9:40 AM
- Clarkstown schools have early dismissal today because of impending snow storm.
- Pearl River Schools Open With Early Dismissals Friday
- Dominican College: Closed Friday; Friday evening’s Occupational Therapy and Physical Therapy classes will not meet tomorrow evening. Saturday’s classes will have a delayed opening and will begin at 12:00 p.m.
- St. Thomas Aquinas College in Sparkill: Closed Friday.
- Rockland Community College: Closed Friday, except for the Home Show.
- The Nyack Middle School Musical has been rescheduled for Monday and Tuesday at 6:30 PM.
- Nyack College classes are also cancelled for Friday
- The Clarkstown Recreation Department has cancelled all programs for Friday, February 8 including senior citizen programs and Intro to Basketball at Street Community Center. Saturday, Feb. 9 gymnastics, basketball clinic and youth & girls basketball programs are cancelled.
- Clarkstown has cancelled garbage collection on Saturday, Feb. 9. Collection will resume on the next regularly-scheduled pickup day.
- Nanuet Girl Scouts Dance has been postponed. The new date is: Friday Feb.15 from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. in the Nanuet High School Gym.
- Clarkstown South's Music Parent's Association is postponing its Family Album Concert from Saturday, Feb. 9 to Saturday March 2.
- The New York State Department of Civil Service has postponed the Civil Service examinations scheduled for Saturday, Feb. 9. They have been rescheduled for Saturday, Feb. 16. Contact the Rockland County Department of Personnel at 845-638-5200/5205 on Monday, Feb. 11 for more information.
- Nanuet Hebrew Center Religious School—Due to the impending weather Junior Congregation scheduled for Saturday, February 9 will be postponed until Saturday, March 2; There will be no Friday evening Shabbat services. NHC will be open on Saturday. Please use your judgement about attending services
- The Nanuet Civic Association meeting this month has been canceled due to the weather
- Antics Roadshow Valentine's Extravaganza—Friday's show has been canceled. They will be moving this weekend's reservations to next weekend so anyone without one should move fast before they sell out. Saturday's show has not been canceled yet, but they're encouraging people to get their seats for next weekend just in case
- Coming Up: Open Rockland FEMA Workshop—This Friday's FEMA public workshop is canceled. FEMA will issue a new advisory when the events are rescheduled.
- Due to the impending storm, the Jermaine Paul concert at The Castle has been rescheduled to Friday, Feb. 15th. All tickets will be honored at the Feb. 15th show.
- The Bossy Frog Benefit Concert for 2/8/13 at Link Elementary School at 6 pm is cancelled due to impending storm.
- Section 1 basketball playoff pairings meeting Monday, Feb. 11 has been pushed back from the morning to that night so teams can play games that day. Nyack at Pearl River girls and Pearl River at Nyack boys have already been rescheduled from Friday to Monday.
- EagleFest has been moved to Sunday, Feb 10th due to storm.
- The performance of THE EXONERATED at Elmwood Playhouse, 10 Park Street, Nyack on Friday Feb. 8 at 8:00pm has been cancelled. Tickets may be exchanged, pending availability, for tonight (Thursday Feb.7 at 8:00pm) or Saturday, Feb. 9 at 8:00pm by calling the Elmwood Playhouse box office between 10AM and 3PM, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Clarkstown Park Board & Recreation Commission Youth Basketball is cancelled for this Saturday, February 9, 2013, due to impending weather. Makeup date: Thursday, February 14, 2013—Teams: 2 vs 5 at 6:30PM; 6 vs 3 at 7:40Pm; 4 vs 1 at 8:30Pm
- St. Anthony Prep: Because of the coming snow storm, the First Eucharist Parent Meeting originally scheduled for Saturday 2/09/2013 has been postponed to Saturday 2/16/2013 at 9:15am in the Cafeteria. St. Anthony PREP classes for Saturday, February 9, 2013 have been cancelled.
- The Pearl River School District has cancelled all after school and evening activities for Friday.
- ST. FRANCIS OF ASSISI PREP—Religious Education classes for 2/9 cancelled.
- Orangetown Parks and Recreation—Due to the expected storm the following program is canceled: Sunshine Swim; More cancellations are expected
- Ateres Bais Yaakov—School is cancelled Friday, February 8th, due to expected snow storm.
- Coupe Dance in Nanuet—Morning classes CANCELLED Saturday, February 9. Due to the road conditions in many Rockland communities, ALL classes and rehearsals are canceled for Saturday. Classes will be made up at a later time in the calendar year. SUNDAY rehearsals will remain as scheduled until further notice.
- Willow Tree Yoga—Saturday morning classes are canceled
- Riverview Nursery School has cancelled afternoon classes on Friday. Full-day program will dismiss at 11:30 a.m.
- Rockland Country Day School Pasta Talent Show is postponed until April 6