Early in 2013, the Orangetown Council moved its meeting night from Tuesday to Thursday, mostly because many other meetings relevant to the town are also on Tuesdays.
The council voted to move them back to Tuesdays in May.
There will be no such shifts to start 2013, with the board keeping Tuesday as its primary meeting night. The town council did make some last-minute changes before approving its 2013 schedule at Tuesday's meeting.
"We counted up the meetings and it is roughly the same, maybe one or two more, than 2012," Supervisor Andy Stewart said.
One change from the initial version brought up at last week's meeting was avoiding Jan. 15, which Councilman Tom Morr had requested because he will be away.
The board also agreed to hold only two meetings in March and add two more in February to avoid the time when people might be tied up with the holidays late in March.
A few sessions will be held on Wednesdays, including the annual Reorganizational meeting Jan. 2 to avoid New Year's Day and a police commission and workshop Nov. 6 because Nov. 5 is Election Day. The full schedule for 2013 is below.
The board also voted unanimously to approve up to $40,000 in additional funds for the Orangetown Highway Department for additional help in removing debris and leaves left over due to the impact of Hurricane Sandy. Orangetown Highway Superintendent Jim Dean estimated the cost of cleanup so far from Sandy at approximately $1.7 million, which the town hopes to get back in reimbursement from FEMA.
Check back with Patch for more from Tuesday's meeting.
Orangetown Town Councy 2013 Meeting schedule
(All meetings are on Tuesdays unless otherwise noted
- Jan. 2 (Wednesday) - Reorganizational Meeting
- Jan. 8 - Regular meeting, audit
- Jan. 22 - Police commission/Workshop
- Jan. 29 - Regular meeting, audit
- Feb. 5 - Police commission/Workshop
- Feb. 12 - Regular meeting, audit
- Feb. 19 - Workshop
- Feb. 26 - Regular meeting, audit
- March 5 - Police commission/Workshop
- March 12 - Regular meeting, audit
- April 2 - Police commission/Workshop
- April 9 - Regular meeting, audit
- April 16 - Workshop
- April 23 - Regular meeting, audit
- May 7 - Police commission/Workshop
- May 14 - Regular meeting, audit
- May 21 - Workshop
- May 28 - Regular meeting, audit
- June 4 - Police commission/Workshop
- June 11 - Regular meeting, audit
- June 18 - Workshop
- June 25 - Regular meeting, audit
- July 2- Police commission/Workshop
- July 9 - Regular meeting, audit
- Aug. 6 - Police commission/Workshop
- Aug. 13 - Regular meeting, audit
- Sept. 3 - Police commission/Workshop
- Sept. 10 - Regular meeting, audit
- Sept. 17 - Workshop
- Sept. 24 - Regular meeting, audit
- Oct. 1 - Police commission/Workshop
- Oct. 8 - Regular meeting, audit
- Oct. 15 - Workshop
- Oct. 22 - Regular meeting, audit
- Nov. 6 (Wednesday, elections Nov. 5) - Police commission/Workshop
- Nov. 12 - Regular meeting, audit
- Nov. 19 - Workshop
- Dec. 3 - Regular meeting, audit
- Dec. 10 - Workshop
- Dec. 17 - Regular meeting, audit