The Orangetown Council voted in July to approve the use of .
Tuesday's town workshop meeting, which begins at 8 p.m., will include a discussion of the cable television upgrade, including a final equipment list. The cost of the upgrade would be approximatley $83,000, down from the projected $100,000. This includes:
- Origination (runs the channel) - $9,876.90
- Playbox (computer system that runs the channel) - $17,800.00
- Production & Board Room (Cameras, monitors, other equipment) - $47,855.62
- Electrical and other labor - $7,500.00
A memo from Supervisor Andy Stewart with an update on the project is attached to this report along as part of the back-up materials for Tuesday's workshop. The agenda is also attached.
Among other items to be discussed at Tuesday's workshop:
- Increasing the filming permit fee from $250 to $500 per day per location effective Jan. 1, 2013.
- Schedule a public hearing to amend a section of the town code that addresses hawking and peddling.
- Discuss town board meeting calendar for 2013.
The board could also discuss Orangetown Police management contracts and RPC redevelopment.