Labor Day means many things, including the closure of goverment and public buildings.
- Pearl River Schools will return from the summer break with a Superintendent's Conference Day Tuesday, followed by the first day back for the students Wednesday.
- Orangetown Town government will be closed, reopening Tuesday
- Pearl River Public Library will be closed Monday, reopening 9 a.m. Tuesday. This past weekend marked the end of summer hours at the library, which will be open from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturdays and 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. Sundays starting Sept. 8.
- The Pearl River Post Office counter will be closed and there will be no regular mail.
Last week, the Rockland County Department of Public Transportation announced transit schedules for Labor Day Monday. For TOR and TAPPAN ZEExpress bus schedules and links to most regional transit systems, go to www.rocklandbus.com.
Labor Day - Sept. 3:
- Rockland County’s TZx and TOR buses will operate Saturday service, except that TOR Loop #1 and Loop #2 will operate normal weekday schedules.
- TRIPS paratransit buses will operate A.D.A. service only.
- Coach USA’s Rockland Coaches (Red & Tan Lines) local bus routes #9, 9W, 11-A, 11-C and 20 will operate Sunday schedules. Commuter express routes will not operate.
- Coach USA’s Shortline buses and Monsey Trails buses will operate Holiday schedules.
- Clarkstown Mini Trans, Spring Valley Jitney and Coach USA Express (Exit 14 Park & Ride) buses will not operate.
- The Haverstraw-Ossining Ferry will not operate.
- Metro-North’s Hudson Line and Port Jervis Line trains will operate Sunday schedules.
- NJ Transit trains will operate Weekend schedules on the Main/Bergen Line and on the Pascack Valley Line.
- Go to www.rocklandbus.com for TOR and TAPPAN ZEExpress schedules and links to all transit systems. Call the Transit Information Center at (845) 364-3333, Monday through Friday between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m., for trip planning assistance.