Evans Park Elementary School students and staff showed off their school spirit and collected food for those in need during their spirit week last week. The entire school came together for a flash mob Friday and Patch brought you video and pictures.
These were just some of the stories we brought you over the past week on Pearl River Patch.
- The Orangetown Police Department will be working to prevent youth violence by joining a grant and assistance program to prevent violence against the young organized by the Center for Safety & Change.
- In addition to approving police involvement in the youth violence prevention program, the calling for more information about the Blauvelt Fire District and questioning some projections in Supervisor Andy Stewart's tentative budget. The town board will hold a public hearing on the issue of giving itself the ability to adopt a budget that exceeds the 2 percent tax cap at its meeting Oct. 23.
- The Orangetown Police warned local school districts about a series of luring incidents in nearby Bergen County.
- For more on weekend sports results including homecoming football game and the start of Section 1 playoffs in many sports this week, check out today's Pearl River Sports update.
- The Pearl River girls soccer team ran its unbeaten streak to 12 games with a 2-1 victory Thursday against Nyack on the artificial surface at the OMM Complex in Orangeburg.
- The Thursday. The Pirates wore yellow ribbons with Scognamiglio's initials on them.
- The field hockey team also raised $360 for breast cancer awareness. The football team also held a "Pink Game" fundraiser Saturday at homecoming.