Families filled Veteran's Memorial Park in Orangeburg for , presented by the Orangetown Parks and Recreation Department.
That was one of two family friendly local events last week.
Volunteers from the Orangeburg Fire Department and St. Thomas Aquinas College Security sponsored the at Tappan Zee High School.
Those were just two of the stories brought to you by Pearl River Patch over the past week.
- The New York State Department of Transportation announced Thursday that it would be , including Orangetown.
- The Pearl River School District announced that the .
- Pearl River Schools continued the .
- from the closure of the southbound lands of the Palisades Parkway Saturday for the Ironman U.S. Championship. Other .
- Other residents found a place to watch and .
- A sewage spill in Sleepy Hollow led to . At one point, the situation threatened the Ironman Championship, which included a 2.4-mile swim in the Hudson but the all clear was given late Friday.
- The for the five towns in pushing for Rockland County to pay for the maintenance of lights and fire hydrants on county roads.
- The , with results expected in October.
- found him asleep in his car with the engine running in a parking lot on Middletown Road in Pearl River.
- Rockland County continued its preparations for the , which began with the opening ceremonies Sunday Night at RCC's Eugene Levy Fieldhouse.
- The for its decision to close Samuels Road in Nanuet.