Seven local executives will join the Workforce Investment Board of Rockland County.
County Executive C. Scott Vanderhoef appointed local business, union and economic development leaders to the board.
"I am pleased to appoint seven successful and seasoned Rockland County executives to the WIB," Vanderohoef said. "These talented individuals will be promoting an understanding of workforce trends and issues in a dynamic economy, and are committed to identifying local companies for job training and employment for county residents."
The Rockland County WIB oversees Tomorrow's Workplace, which leads the Rockland Workforce Development Center. The NYS Department of Labor, Rockland County Department of Social Services, Rockland BOCES, Rockland Office for the Aging, Rockland Community College, Rockland Teachers Center Institute and NYS-ACCESS-VR are among local agencies that staff the center.
The new board members are:
- Lynne C. Allan, Chief Operating Officer and Board Secretary of Greater Hudson Bank in Bardonia.
- Martin J. Devaney, Senior Driector of Human Resources of Crestron Electronics. He is also a member of hte Bergen County WIB.
- Michael J. DiTullo, President and CEO of the Rockland Economic Development Corporation.
- Robert J. Dutra, Director of Training and member of the Executive Board of Sheet Metal Workers International Ssociation, Local Union 38.
- Tsilla Flint, Sales Director of Comfort Inn & Suites and the Regency Conference Center in Nanuet.
- Cecilia Perez Halverson, Executive Director of Home Aides of Rockland.
- Mary K. Shinick, Vice President of Human Resources and an officer on the Board of Trustees at Nyack Hospital.