I want to take this opportunity to welcome back our returning families and welcome our new families to the 2012-13 school year. I spent the morning at each of the schools and visited many classrooms to greet the children. Overall, there were many smiles and eager faces despite the rain and heat. There were a few glitches this morning with the buses as is often the case at the start of school. We had a few buses that were late and a few missed stops. We apologize for the inconvenience and will continue to be in touch with the bus company to monitor and make adjustments.
Our open houses are scheduled to begin next week as follows:
- Monday, September 10 -- Middle School 5th, 6th and 7th Grade Parents - 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. -- Please note the time change for 5th grade parents.
- Tuesday, September 11 -- Lincoln Ave. Elementary - 6 p.m.
- Wednesday, September 12 -- Franklin Avenue Elementary - 6:30 p.m.
- Thursday, September 113 - Evans Park Elementary - 6:30 p.m.
- Thursday, September 20 - High School - 7 p.m.
I hope that you can attend and hear about your child's instructional program.
There has been much concern in the news about the new evaluation system that must be put in place in every NYS school district. We have posted a flyer on our website that answers some questions that you may have. You can access this flyer by clicking on the following link on our website at www.pearlriver.org: APPR Information for Parents.
On behalf of the administration, faculty and staff, I wish all our Pearl River families a great start to the school year and I look forward to seeing you throughout this year.
Dr. John C. Morgano
Editor's note: Copies of Dr. Morgano's letter and the APPR Information for Parents flyer are attached to this report as PDF files.