The Pearl River School District held its first presentation regarding the 2013-14 budget Jan. 23, during which a variety of cuts in programs and personnel were discussed.
The district will hold two more budget workshops as part of board of education meetings before the pre-budget hearing and budget adoption March 19.
The first of those will be part of tonight's meeting, which begins at 7:30 p.m. in the district administration building.
Pearl River Superintendent of Schools Dr. John Morgano sent out a letter to parents last week including the upcoming key dates in the 2013-14 budget process. They are as follows.
- Tonight, 7:30 p.m. - Budget workshop at board of education meeting
- March 5, 7:30 p.m. - Budget workshop at board of education meeting
- March 19, 7:30 p.m. - Pre-budget hearing and budget adoption at board of education meeting.
- May 7, 7:30 p.m. - Public hearing at board of education meeting.
- May 21, 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. - Pearl River School District budget vote and school board elections in Pirate Cove at Pearl River High School. (Board of education meeting to follow at 9:15 p.m.)
All meetings will be held at the district administration building.
Among other items on tonight's agenda, the board of education could approve the hiring of new varsity head coaches for three spring sports. The .
Pearl River Director of Athletics Todd Santabarbara said Tuesday that the intention was to have those hires on the agenda for tonight, but the official agenda had not been set yet.