Five Pearl River School District employees will be included in the board of education's tenure meeting 7 p.m. tonight at the new administrative offices on Crooked Hill Road.
Superintendent of Schools Dr. John Morgano recommended tenure for the following:
- Lincoln Avenue Elementary School Principal Kathleenann Cool
- Director of Physical Education and Athletics Todd Santabarbara
- Mathematics teacher Kelly Lawrence
- Foreign Language teacher Kelly Paciaroni
- Special Education teacher Capra Saccardo
A regular board of education meeting will follow the tenure program at 7:30 p.m. The public hearing for the 2012-13 budget will be included in the meeting. The annual budget vote will be held May 15 from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. in Pirate Cove at Pearl River High School.
The proposed 2012-13 Pearl River School District budget includes a 2.97% tax increase. The budget adheres to the New York State mandated tax cap at 2.15%.
The budget maintains class sizes at the elementary school level and core courses at the middle school and high school while keeping athletics and co-curricular programs.
The full meeting agenda is attached to this report.