The Pearl River School District announced a registration and screening Feb. 20 through Feb. 28 for incoming kindergarten students for September 2013 last week.
Parents and guardians should contact any of Pearl River's three elementary schools for themselves to come in with their child. This is a change from previous years designed to streamline the process.
Children must turn five years old before Dec. 1, 2013 to be eligible to begin kindergarten in Sept. 2013. Though parents can register their child either at Evans Park, Franklin Ave. or Lincoln Ave. Elementary Schools, children will be assigned to one of them later based on geographic boundaries, class sizes, special education and ELL programs. That means a child could register at one, but attend another.
Parents and guardians should bring the following to their combined registration and screening:
- Birth certificate with raised seal or other official documents proving the child's date of birth.
- Child's immunization record
- Two proofs of residence within the Pearl River School District (Acceptable documents include current utility bills sent to student's home address, recent pay stubs, income tax forms, deed or lease to residence, voter registration or government issued ID).
To set up a registration appointment or for more information, contact the elementary school principals at these numbers:
- Peggy Lynch at Evans Park, 620-3950
- Maureen Alaimo at Franklin Ave., 620-3965
- Kathleenann Cool at Lincoln, Ave., 620-3850