The Pearl River girls soccer team continued a stretch of impressive play with a 3-1 victory at home against Albertus Magnus Thursday.
Senior Marissa Scognamiglio scored one goal and set up another for the Pirates, the only varsity team for Pearl River that was not scheduled to be in action Friday or Saturday, though some Friday contests were cancelled due to inclement weather.
The Pearl River Athletic Department announced one change in the schedule. The volleyball match against Albertus Magnus was moved from the road to home. Pearl River will make its visit to Albertus Magnus Oct. 16.
The full schedule for the weekend is as follows:
- Boys soccer at Nanuet, 4 p.m. - Postponed
- Tennis at Nyack, 4 p.m. - Postponed
- Volleyball at home against Albertus Magnus, 4 p.m.
- Field hockey at Harrison, 4:30 p.m.
- Boys cross country in Maroon Invitational at Garrett Mt in Paterson, NJ, 5:30 p.m.
- Volleyball in Clarkstown South Tournament, 8 a.m.
- Girls cross country at Six Flags Invitational in Jackson, NJ at 9 a.m.
- Swimming against Tappan Zee at South Orangetown Middle School, 10 a.m.
- Field hockey at Clarkstown South, 11:30 a.m.
- Football at home against Beacon, 1:30 p.m.
Pearl River and Beacon both enter Saturday's football game 1-2, and both earned their only victory by shutting out Yonkers. Beacon beat Yonkers, 42-0, and Pearl River earned a 28-0 victory two weeks ago.
Share Sports Results, Pictures on Patch
Coaches, parents and other followers of Pearl River athletics, please send scores and information to firstname.lastname@example.org or upload your pictures directly to stories about games as they are posted on Pearl River Patch.