The Rockland County Coaches Association will hold its 20th Annual End of the Year Barbecue Wednesday, June 13 from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. at the Pearl River Elks Club in Nanuet.
The event is open to all past and present Rockland County scholastic coaches.
The event barbecue will include the following presentations
- Steve Drummond Memorial Service Award to Joni Neuendorf of Suffern
- Joe Grasso Memorial Appreciation Award to Joe Casarella of North Rockland
The following coaches will inducted into the century club
- Jordan Turner, Clarkstown South field hockey
- Sean Barnes, Suffern girls volleyball
- George Gaine, Tappan Zee boys basketball
- Mike Henderson, Nanuet girls soccer
- Ron Mokrynka, Tappan Zee boys basketball (old timers category)
These retiring coaches and officials will also be honored:
- Ralph Coleman, Suffern boys spring track assistant
- Julie Crowe, Pearl River girls volleyball
- Pete McGovern, North Rockland boys soccer
- Alan Malden, Ramapo Athletic Director
- Chris Woolgar, Pearl River assistant in baseball and boys basketball
The coaches of the 2011-12 Section 1 Championship teams will be recognized, as will be the secretaries in Rockland County's athletic departments.
Cost of the barbecue is $25. Membership dues, if not previously paid, are $20.
For more information, contact RCCA secretary/treasurer Kim Cleary at email@example.com.