The Rockland County Gaelic Athletic Association presents the 2012 Robert McKiernan Memorial Field Day from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Saturday, July 14 on the Rockland GAA Fields off Old Orangeburg Road.
All are welcome to this family-friendly event, which features the Dennis McHugh Tournament. The tournament is for players under eight eight playing in seven-a-side Gaelic football.
Admission is $5 for adults, no charge for anyone under 18. Hamburgers, hot dogs and refreshments served all day. Proceeds from the field ay benefit the Rockland GAA Scholarship Fund.
Scheduled Events Include:
- 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. - Dennis McHugh U-8 Seven-a-Side Tournament, Upper Field
- 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. - Games and races for kids. Face painting. Bouny castle
- 4 p.m. Youth Hurling exhibition on the lower field
- 4 p.m. Men's Hurling - Rockland vs. Hoboken on the upper field
- 5:30 p.m. - Men's football - Rockland Juniors vs. Celtics Juniors
- 6:30 p.m. - Sheaf throwing contest
- 7 p.m. - Men's Football - Rockland Seniors vs. Celtics Seniors
- 7 p.m. - RGAA Fundraiser - Raffle Drawings, including $100 raffle.
For more information about field day, contact Mike Glyn at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information about the tournaments, contact Mick Healy at email@example.com