Murphy's third assist of the game, which set up a second period goal by Connor McMorrow, put him at the 100 mark. He added two goals in the third period. Linemate Pat Burns also had a big game, scoring four goals and assisting on two more. McMorrow finished with two goals and two asissts.
The first period ended in a 1-1 tie after Kenny McLean scored New Rochelle's only goal, but the Pirates tool control with four goals in the second period. Pearl River goaltender Sam Coughin stopped 19 of the 20 shots he faced an Darragh Keetley made the save on the only shot against him when he came on for the final two minutes, helping the Pirates win big even though the shots were even at 21-21.
Pearl River (8-1) will play North Rockland 5:15 p.m. Monday at Sport-O-Rama. New Rochelle's record fell to 3-2.
Pearl River 8, New Rochelle 1
- New Rochelle 1 0 0 -- 1
- Pearl River 1 4 3 -- 8
- PR: Pat Burns (Connor McMorrow, Max McGee)
- NR: Kenny McLean
- PR: McMorrow (Gary Healy, Murphy)
- PR: Burns (Murphy, McMorrow)
- PR: Burns (Murphy)
- PR: McMorrow (Burns, Murphy)
- PR: Murphy (Connor Ocasal)
- PR: Burns (Owen McGee)
- PR: Murphy (M. McGee)
- PR: Sam Coughlin (19-20), Darragh Keetley (1-1)
- NR: Leibowitz (3-10), Beigris (3-4)