Some athletes can never get enough of the Little Brown Jug game.
Former Pearl River High School football players will take on their Nanuet counterparts in the Alumni Little Brown Jug Football Game 10 a.m. Saturday at Pearl River High School. Former players looking to participate should contact Craig Griffin at (845) 735-5065 or at firstname.lastname@example.org. For a report from last year's game, click here.
The football game is the first of a series of alumni games hosted by the Pearl River School District Athletic Department Thanksgiving Weekend. All are open to spectators, though some do charge a small admission charge with proceeds going into local scholarship funds.
The list of events is below, including contacts for alumni interested in participating. There wil be no women's basketball or women's soccer alumni games this weekend:
Thursday, Nov. 22
- Alumni Little Brown Jug Football Game against Nanuet, 10 a.m. at Pearl River High School. For more information, Craig Griffin at (845) 735-5065 or at email@example.com.
Friday, Nov. 23
- Alumni Field Hockey, 1 p.m. at Pearl River High School. Contact Shane Carlacci at (845) 461-8212 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Shuttleworth Legends Alumni Flag Football Game, noon on the Central Avenue Field in Pearl River. Contact Pat Dunleavy at (845) 664-0547 or email@example.com.
- Alumni Men's Basketball Game, 7 p.m. at Pearl River High School. Contact Jim Sullivan at (845) 548-2040 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Alumni Men's Ice Hockey, 6 p.m. at Sport-O-Rama in Monsey. Contact Brian DelSavio at (845) 826-2677 or email@example.com
Saturday, Nov. 24
- Gus Filter Alumni Men's Soccer Game, noon at Pearl River High School. Contact Steve Vislocky at (914) 522-1731 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rockland County Alumni Cross Country Run at Bear Mountain. Registration is at 11 a.m. Kids Fun Races 11:30 a.m. Three mile Alumni Run at noon. Contact Tom Doherty at (201) 573-0943 or email@example.com
- Alumni Women's Volleyball, 1 p.m. at Pearl River High School. Contact Brianna Kenna at (914) 980-3831 or firstname.lastname@example.org.