At the end of each sports season, the New York State Public High School Athletic Association honors teams that excel in the classroom by compiling a team grade point average of 90 percent or higher.
The girls cross country team, which won a section championship, had the highest average among Pearl River's fall sports at 96.42, followed by boys cross country at 95.67.
The Pearl River sports teams are listed as follows with their academic averages:
- Girls cross country 96.42
- Boys cross country 95.67
- Girls volleyball 95.10
- Girls soccer 94.96
- Girls tennis 94.75
- Boys soccer 93.69
- Girls swimming 93.45
- Field hockey 93.43
- Football 92.60
Wednesday, Dec. 11
- Wrestling: Pearl River at Harrison, 4:30 p.m. (Section 1 Duals)
- Boys and girls bowling: Pearl River vs. Suffern at New City Lanes, 3:30 p.m.
- Wrestling: Pearl River at Clarkstown North, 4:30 p.m.
- Girls basketball: Pearl River at Clarkstown North, 6:15 p.m.
- Boys basketball: Clarkstown North at Pearl River, 7 p.m.
- Ice hockey: Pearl River vs. Burnt Hills/Ballston at Sport-O-Rama, 7:15 p.m.
- Wrestling: Pearl River at Port Jervis Tournament, 9 a.m.
- Ice hockey: Pearl River vs. Guilderland/Mohanasen at Sport-O-Rama, 4:30 p.m.
- Boys and girls track: Pearl River competes in Kickoff meet at the Armory, 9 a.m.