Two Pearl River sports teams earned victories as they raised money for the fight against breast cancer this past weekend.
Pearl River completed a sweep of rival Tappan Zee with a 3-0 victory in the Orangetown Goes Pink: Volley For the Cure match on the road Friday.
The Saturday at Pearl River.
Fans are asked to wear pink and donate to the Susan G. Komen Passionately Pink For The Cure.
The suggested donation is $1. Those who can't make it to the game but would like to contribute can do so at this link. Pearl River enters the game 1-4 after Saturday's 35-8 loss at John Jay-Cross River. Hen Hud is 4-1 and currently among the four teams in Class A League 1 that would make the playoffs.
More Weekend Results
Pearl River won the Class C girls title at the 40th Annual Manhattan College Cross Country Invitational Saturday behind another first-place finish by junior Kelly Hayes. Her time of 14:40.6 was the second-fastest ever on the course by a female athlete from Rockland County.
Check back with Pearl River Patch for more on Hayes as the Pirates prepare for Tuesday's league championships at Bear Mountain.
- Pearl River field hockey at North Rockland, 4 p.m.
- Tappan Zee at Pearl River girls soccer, 4 p.m.
- Pearl River girls tennis in conference tournament, 3:30 p.m.
- Albertus Magnus at Pearl River volleyball, 4 p.m.
- Pearl River boys cross country in league championship at Bear Mountain, 4 p.m.
- Pearl River girls cross country in league championship at Bear Mountain, 4:45 p.m.
- Pearl River swimming vs. East Ramapo at RCC, 4:15 p.m.
Share Sports Results, Pictures on Patch
Coaches, parents and other followers of Pearl River athletics, please send scores and information to email@example.com or upload your pictures directly to stories about games as they are posted on Pearl River Patch.