The Pearl River ice hockey team led by two goals after the first period, but fell to Hendrick Hudson in overtime Sunday, 5-4.
The Pirates continue to show promise offensively, but struggle in their own zone. The loss dropped their record to 1-3.
Sophomore Max McGee scored two goals. He leads the Pirates in goals with five and total points with seven.
Junior Pat Burns and sophomore Kevin Murphy each had a goal and an assist. Connor Ocasal and Shane Ocasal each tallied two assists. Murphy and Burns both have three goals and three assists on the season.
Pearl River's next game is 7 p.m. Saturday against Bronxville at Sport-O-Rama in Monsey.
Basketball Rivalry Game
Pearl River (4-1) will play its first home boys basketball game of the season 7 p.m. tonight against rival Tappan Zee.
Both teams are working to overcome heavy losses to graduation. Pearl River's two returning starters, forwards Kevin Degnan and Tom Davis, have sparked a solid start.
Tappan Zee lost four starters from the team that won the Section 1 Class A championship and reached the state semifinals. Point guard Joe Letizia is the one starter back, though senior center Eric Casey was in the lineup for six games last season due to injury.
- Tappan Zee at Pearl River boys basketball, 7 p.m.
- Pearl River vs. Suffern bowling at Hi Tor, 3:30 p.m.
- Clarkstown North at Pearl River girls basketball, 4 p.m.
- Clarkstown South at Pearl River wrestling, 4:30 p.m.
- Pearl River vs. Clarkstown ice hockey at Palisades, 4:50 p.m.
- Oneonta at Pearl River girls basketball, 2 p.m.
- Pearl River ice hockey vs. Bronxville at Sport-O-Rama, 7 p.m.
- Pearl River girls track competes in Grinch Games at Fordham University, 8 a.m.
Share Sports Results, Pictures on Patch
Coaches, parents and other followers of Pearl River athletics, please send scores and information to email@example.com or upload your pictures directly to stories about games as they are posted on Pearl River Patch.
Don't forget this can include youth sports as well as updates on local athletes as they compete on the college level.