New York Wrestling News reported Tuesday that Muldoon was the first recruit to announce ha had chosen the school since it hired Jeremy Spates as its new head coach. Spates takes over a program one year after it moved up to Division I. Read more of New York Wrestling News's report here.
Muldoon said it was his visit to SIUE that sold him on the school. He came away feeling like it was a "perfect fit.,"
Muldoon will make the move up to 132 pounds this year after going 30-5, winning the Section 1 championship and placing fourth at states at 120 pounds as a junior.
This Week's Schedule
- It is Pearl River's turn to host the annual Volley for the Cure matches with Tappan Zee this year. The event is set for Friday at Pearl River, with the junior varsity match at 4:30 p.m. and the varsity at 6 p.m.
- The start time for the Little Brown Jug football game against Nanuet was pushed back a half hour to 2 p.m. Saturday to accommodate those students taking the PSAT test that morning.
- The Pearl River boys soccer team plays its final home game of the regular season Thursday at 4:30 p.m. against Nyack. The Pirates then close out the regular season on the road Friday against Pelham, the team that knocked them out of the playoffs last season.
- Boys soccer: Nyack at Pearl River, 4:30 p.m. (Senior recognition)
- Volleyball: Nanuet at Pearl River, 4:30 p.m.
- Field hockey: Clarkstown South at Pearl River, 4 p.m.
- Girls soccer: Pearl River at Albertus Magnus, 4:15 p.m.
- Boys soccer: Pearl River at Pelham, 4:30 p.m.
- Swimming: Pearl River at North Rockland, 4:30 p.m.
- Volleyball: Ralley for the Cure, Tappan Zee at Pearl River varsity match at 6 p.m. (Event begins at 4:30 p.m.)
- Football: Nanuet at Pearl River in Little Brown Jug game, 2 p.m. (Note time change)
- Cross country: Pearl River boys and girls compete in Section 1 Coaches Invitational, time to be determined.