The Pirates showed why while winning their own tournament, the Michael O'Connell Invitational, at home Saturday.
Senior John Muldoon won the 132-pound weight class and was named Most Outstanding Wrestler for 99 to 145 pounds. Tappan Zee's Mike Manni won the 285-pound title and Most Outstanding Wrestler in the 152 to 185 pound class. Manni recorded his 100th career victory in the championship match.
Sean McGarvey (99 pounds), James Kelly (113), Jake Kurzhals (120) and Nick Simeti (138) also won championship matches for Pearl River.
More Weekend Results
- Track and Field: Pearl River won two individual event championships in the Pearl River Track and Field Holiday Festival at RCC's Levy Fieldhouse. Kayla Clohessy won the long jump and Amanda Moroney won the 55 meter hurdles.
- Ice hockey: Suffern 6, Pearl River 1 -- The Pirates lost for the first time this season.
- Ice hockey: Pearl River 5, Byram Hills 4 (OT) -- Junior forward Max McGee scored four goals, including the game-winner in overtime, and assisted on another for the Pirates (5-1).
- Boys basketball: Pearl River 82, Dobbs Ferry 51 -- Senior forward Kevin Degnan scored 21 points and pulled down 11 rebounds for the Pirates (5-3), who had four scorers in double figures.
- There are no games Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday
- Bowling: Pearl River boys and girls vs. Nanuet at Montvale Bowling Lanes, 3:30 p.m.
- Wrestling: Pearl River at North Rockland, 4:30 p.m.
- Girls basketball: Pearl River at Albertus Magnus, 4:15 p.m.
- Track and field: Pearl River boys and girls at Suffern Invitational, 4:30 p.m.
- Boys basketball: Albertus Magnus at Pearl River, 7 p.m.
- Wrestling: Pearl River at Ted Murphy Wrestling Classic at New Rochelle, 9 a.m.
- Ice hockey: Pearl River vs. Nyack/Tappan Zee at Sport-O-Rama in Monsey, 4:30 p.m.
- Track and field: Pearl River girls at CHSAA meet at the Armory in New York City, 11 a.m.
- Ice hockey: Pearl River vs. Monroe Woodbury at Sport-O-Rama in Monsey, 4 p.m.