Tappan Zee placed three runners in the top five on the way to winning the boys team title at the Rockand County Cross Country Championships Thursday at Bear Mountain.
Luke Gavigan was third, followed by teammates Liam Burke fourth and Joe Dinan fifth for the Dutchmen, who finished with 48 points.
Pearl River junior Brian Cook won the individual title with a time of 15:32.59, leading the Pirates to a second-place finish with 69 points.
Nanuet junior Kyle Chesterman finished second overall. Ahmed Ahmed was the top finisher for Nyack in seventh place and Michael Guglielmo turned in the top time for Clarkstown South, coming in 15th.
Tappan Zee is currently ranked sixth in the state in Class A by the New York State Sportswriters Association, two spots ahead of Pearl River. The Pirates beat the Dutchmen in a regular-season meet and in the League 4B championships.
Rockland County Boys Cross Country Championships
at Bear Mountain (3-mile course)
Individual top 10 finishes
- Brian Cook, Pearl River, 15:32.59
- Kyle Chesterman, Nanuet, 15:54.25
- Luke Gavigan, Tappan Zee, 15:57.22
- Liam Burke, Tappan Zee, 15:58.41
- Joe Dinan, Tappan Zee, 16:02.41
- Brian Edsall, Pearl River, 16:05.85
- Ahmed Ahmed, Nyack, 16:11.06
- Ben McDermott, Pearl River, 16:12.66
- David Gates, Nyack, 16:15.16
- Damian Feeney, North Rockland, 16:16.20
Editor's Note: Full results can be found at www.tullyrunners.com.
Team Final Standings
- Tappan Zee 48
- Pearl River 69
- North Rockland 75
- Nanuet 119
- Suffern 125
- Nyack 137
- Clarkstown South 144
- Clarkstown North 158
- Albertus Magnus 290