Online registration for the 7th Annual Rockland Autism Symposium starts today.
The symposium will be held at the Pearl River Hilton from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Oct. 25. Seating is limited. To register, go to www.rocklandautismsymposium.com.
Rockland County Legislator John Murphy co-sponsors the annual event with a contribution from the MindWorks Charitable Lead Trust. The Venture Foundation, Autism Science Foundation also support the annual symposium.
This year's featured speakers are:
- Dr. Jill Locke, Ph.D. -- University of Pennsylvania, Post-Doctoral Research Fellow, Center for Autism Research at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia.
- Dr. Paul J. Lombroso, MD -- Professor, Yale Child Study Center and Professor of Neurobiology and of Psychiatry and Director, Laboratory of Molecular Neurobiology.
- Dr. David Mandell, Sc.D. -- Associate Professor of Psychiatry and Pediatrics at the University of Pennsylvania's Perelman School of Medicine, where he is the director of the Center for Mental Health Policy and Services Research. Also associate director of the Center for Autism Research at The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia.
- Adriana Di Martin, MD -- Assistant professor of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and associate director of the Phyllis Green and Randolph Cowen Institute for Pediatric Neuroscience at the CYU Child Study Center.
- Dr. James McPartland, PhD -- Assistant Professor of Child Psychiatry and Psychology, director of Yale Developmental Disabilities Clinic, director of Undergraduate Studies, and associate director of the Developmental Electrophysiology Laboratory at the Yale Child Study Center.
- Karen Gualtieri -- Vice President of Student Services at Rockland Community College, a participating member of the Community College Consortium on Autism and Intellectual Disabilities.
For more information on the symposium, go to www.rocklandautismsymposiuum.com. To read about last year's symposium, go to this Patch article.