Let Patch make it super easy for you to get all the information you need in one place so you can be an informed citizen to make the best decisions for your family, the community and the future.
Don't forget to sign up for our newsletter, and check out the events calendar to make sure you don't miss a thing.
Monday, Aug. 26
- Guests are welcome to join in as the Sunset Toastmasters hold one of their bi-monthly meetings 7 p.m. at Pearl River Public Library. Develop your public speaking skills.
- The Hudson Valley Chapter of Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America will hold a lemonade stand demonstration from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Sign of the Times on Main Street in Nyack. The event is one of many lemonade stands being staged nationwide with a goal of pressuring the U.S. Congress to pass legislation expanding background checks for those purchasing guns.
- The Pearl River Board of Education meets at 7:30 p.m. in the district administration building on Crooked Hill Road in Pearl River.
- Del Arte Restaurant in Orangeburg is holding a Wine 7 Vodka Cocktail Party at 5:30 p.m. supporting Rockland Homes for Heroes and Brest Buddies. For more information, seethis report on Patch.
- The Tappan Zee High School chapter of Youth for Hospice fundraiser at Little Scoops at 500 Route 303 in Orangeburg will begin at 4 p.m., with 20 percent of all proceeds after that time going to United Hospice of Rockland. For every future party booked, $25 will go to UHR and there will be a raffle. Youth for Hospice members will be doing the scooping and providing face painting and tattoos. For more information, see this announcement.
- The Ridge Street Wiffle Ball Tournament and Neighborhood Block Party begins at 9:30 a.m. This year, the event will be raising money to support Lourdes Kids of Rockland. For more information, see this report on Patch.
- The semi annual New City Street Fair takes over South Main Street from10 a.m. to 5 p.m. with fun, food, music, crafts and more.