Let Patch make it easy for you to get all the information you need in one place so you can be an informed citizen to make the best decisions for your family, the community and the future.
Don't forget to sign up for our newsletter, and check out the events calendar to make sure you don't miss a thing.
Monday, Jan. 27
- Pearl River Public Library's annual Valentine's for Veterans begins 4 p.m. Monday. Children in kindergarten and older and adults are invited to create Valentines to be delivered to veterans. For more information, contact Pamela Gunning at (845) 735-4084 ext. 126.
- Rockland Community College begins its celebration of African American history by opening an archival photo exhibit of the Harlem Renaissance on the second floor of the Technology Center. Find out more here.
- The Pearl River Public Library Board of Trustees meets at 7 p.m. in the library's Pearl River Room.
- There will be a fundraising Italian cooking class run by chef John Carollo at Del Arte's Restaurant in Orangeburg 6:30 p.m. Tuesday. Proceeds from the $55 per participant will go to the Lourdes Kids of Rockland, which will send special needs children on a pilgrimage to the Our Lady of Lourdes Shrine in France. Find out more here.
- The Orangetown Council meets 7:30 p.m at Orangetown Town Hall in Orangeburg.
- Barnes & Noble on the fourth floor of Palisades Center Mall in West Nyack will share What's Your Favorite Animal?, a book of illustrations and personal stories by Eric Carle and 13 other children's book artists talking about their favorite animals and why they love them. This is a free reading of the book along with other activities for children. Read more here.
- There will be a special free performance for senior citizens only of the Pearl River High School Drama, William Shakespeare's "A Midsummer Night's Dream," at 3:30 p.m. in the high school auditorium.
- The first regular performance of the Pearl River High School Drama, William Shakespeare's "A Midsummer Night's Dream" is set for 7 p.m. There is also a 7 p.m. Saturday performance. Tickets cost $10 at the door.
- The Rockland County Wrestling Championship Tournament begins 9 a.m. at Tappan Zee High School in Orangeburg.
- Nyack's "Village With A Heart" will be going on at businesses all through the village during the day and evening in an event sponsored by Dr. Dwayne Bodie, DMD, Columbia Doctors of the Hudson Valley, Koblin's Pharmacy and the merchants and restaurants of Nyack. Participating businesses will donate $1 to the American Heart Association for every purchase. Find out more at nyackmarketingassociation.org.