Let Patch make it super easy for you to get all the information you need in one place so you can be an informed citizen to make the best decisions for your family, the community and the future.
Don't forget to sign up for our newsletter, and check out the events calendar to make sure you don't miss a thing.
Monday, Sept. 2
- Be sure to check ahead before heading out with many local government offices and businesses either closed or open for shorter hours on Labor Day. Pearl River Public Library, for example, is closed Monday.
- The Pearl River field hockey team plays at home against Fox Lane at 4:15 p.m. in the first fall sports contest of 2013.
- Several Rockland County legislative committees will meet prior to the full legislative session at 7 p.m. at the county office building at 11 New Hempstead Road in New City. The Planning & Public Works Committee gathers at 5 p.m. and the Budget & Finance Committee is scheduled for 5:15 p.m.
- Rosh Hashanah Story Time at Barnes & Noble at the Palisades Center in West Nyack at 4 p.m.
Friday, Sept. 6
- The Nyack First Friday art festival will run from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. The Nyack Art Collective presents a night of art openings, music, poetry and more at this monthly event hosted by businesses in downtown Nyack.
Saturday, Sept. 7
- The 101st Annual Rockland County Volunteer Fireman’s Parade steps off at 2 p.m. The marchers will follow a route beginning on South Little Tor Road, turning onto Collyer Ave and then turning on South Main Street and continuing up to the reviewing stand in front of the county courthouse. The parade also celebrates the 125th Anniversary of New City Fire Company No. 1.
- The Pearl River football team opens its 2013 season on the road at John Jay-Cross River at 7 p.m.
Sunday, Sept. 8
- The Nyack Chamber of Commerce sponsors the 27th Annual SeptemberFest Street Fair with over 250 vendors lining Broadway and Main Street from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Entertainment will include live music, street performers and a kids carnival.