There are many ways to keep busy around Pearl River this weekend, and we're here to help you decide which happenings are for you.
Read on to learn more about upcoming local events.
- Where: Pearl River High School Auditorium
- When: Friday, Oct. 25 at 7:30 p.m.
- Cost: $20 per ticket
- Description: Joanie Madden is the celebrity host for this "Contest of Champions" fundraiser for the Pearl River School of Irish Music. Performers include GIRSA, Martin Mulhaire, Jonathan Srour, Jimmy O'Sullivan Set Dancers and the school's North American and All-Ireland winners. Tickets on sale online or at Danu Gallery at 39 East Central Ave. in Pearl River. Read more here.
- Where: Pre-parade activities in the parking lot on Main Street in Nyack. Floats and marchers gather in Memorial Park in Nyack.
- When: Saturday, Oct. 26. Pre-parade activities at 3 p.m. with step-off at 5:30 p.m.
- Cost: Free
- Description: Nyack Chamber of Commerce sponsors the second-largest Halloween parade in the tri-state area. There will be prizes for the best floats and best costumes. Anjel Blue Rehearsal Studios will provide the music. Rain date is Sunday, Oct. 27. Read more here.
- Where: Rockland Community College, 145 College Road, Suffern
- When: Saturday, Oct. 26 at 8 p.m.
- Cost: $25 general admission, $75 patrons
- Description: JCC Rockland’s Jewish Cultural Arts Festival from October 26 to November 23 celebrates Jewish art, film, literature and music with a lineup of outstanding events. The opening event is a concert with renowned Jewish Jazz clarinetist Anat Cohen and her quartet, featuring a special appearance by legendary jazz impresario George Wein. Her style is a blend of Brazilian choro and samba, combined with classic New Orleans jazz and just a hint of klezmer. Go here for ticket information.
- Where: Monster Mini Golf, 33 Route 304, Nanuet
- When: Sunday, Oct. 27, parade participants can start arriving after 12 p.m. and the parade will begin at 2 p.m.
- Cost: Free admission
- Description: Monster Mini Golf and the Greater Nanuet Chamber of Commerce are partnering to host a Halloween Parade and costume contest with prizes for the scariest and most creative homemade costumes. First Prize is a one-year unlimited Monster Mini Golf pass. Second Prize is a three-month unlimited golf pass and Third Prize is a Monster Mini Golf T-Shirt. There will be candy and Halloween bag giveaways, gift coupons and coupons. Free child ID packages will be offered for parents from noon until 3 p.m.
- Families can arrive any time after noon and the parade will kick off at 2 p.m.
Visit the Patch calendar for more great events.