There are many ways to keep busy around Pearl River this weekend. Read on to learn more about upcoming local events.
- Where: School of Rock at 135 East Erie Street in Blauvelt
- When: Saturday, Jan. 11 from noon to 5 p.m.
- Cost: Free
- Description: The School of Rock is opening its music facility in Blauvelt with an open house. There will be a ribbon cutting, live music by two School of Rock student bands, teacher performances, new student specials, tours, snacks and free trial classes. Attendees will receive family four packs of tickets to the School of Rock's January British Invasion and Pink as Floyd shows. Find out more here.
Fine Arts Benefit For Rockland Community Foundation
- Where: Piermont Fine Arts Gallery at Piermont Landing in Piermont
- When: Friday, Jan. 10 and Saturday, Jan. 11 from 1 to 9 p.m. and Sunday, Jan. 12 from 1 to 6 p.m.
- Cost: Free admission
- Description: The Piermont Fine Arts Gallery is renowned for its incomparable art, created by world-recognized, locally based artists. The gallery is supporting the Rockland Community Foundation by donating 25 percent of the proceeds from all pieces sold by the 24 artists on exhibit. Attend a reception from 2 to 4 p.m. on Saturday to view the works in a wide variety of media and styles. The funds raised will support the foundation’s county-based causes. More information is available here.
Monster Mini Golf Friday Night Black Lights
- Where: Monster Mini Golf, 33 Route 304, Nanuet
- When: Friday, Jan. 10 from 6 to 9 p.m.
- Cost: $12
- Description: Monster Mini Golf introduces Friday Night Black Lights including a round of glow in the dark mini golf, a $5 arcade game card and a slice of pizza. All ages are welcome. Monster Mini Golf is an indoor monster themed glow in the dark 18-hole miniature golf course, which offers challenges for both kids and adults and can be played year round. It features an interactive DJ and state of the art arcade game area. Get more details.
- Where: Barnes & Noble on the fourth floor of Palisades Center Mall in West Nyack
- When: Saturday, Jan. 11 at 11 a.m.
- Cost: Free
- Description: The Kindness Storytime and Craft encourages compassion with the goal of diminishing bullying and name-calling. They will be reading LLama Llama and the Bully Goat by Anna Dewdney, One by Kathryn Otashi and Purplicious by Victoria Kann. There will be an act of kindness craft activity after the reading.
- Where: Rockland Jewish Community Campus at 450 West Nyack Road in West Nyack
- When: Sunday, Jan. 12 at 10 a.m.
- Cost: Free
- Description: Learn about six-week programs held at Ramapo College in Mahway, NJ designed to support children and teens with social deficits. There is a discount and free gift for children registered at the open house. Find out more here.
- Where: Dominican Convent at 175 Route 340 in Sparkill
- When: Sunday, Jan. 12 at 3 p.m.
- Cost: $15 per ticket
- Description: The Hudson Valley Chorale will perform works by Antonio Vivaldi, Johann Strauss and Rogers and Hammerstein. Light refreshments will be available after the concert. Find out more here.